What is Pre-Service?
The Pre-Service coursework is designed to introduce candidates to various aspects of the teaching profession. Pre-Service is one requirement that must be met for admission into our upcoming Intern program, designed to prepare eligible candidates to be teachers of record. Our summer Pre-Service runs from June 19th to September 1st. It is a rigorous program that candidates must successfully complete to be recommended to be intern ready.
How do you apply for Pre-Service Courses?
In order to enroll in the Pre-Service courses of the Yolo-Solano Center for Teacher Credentialing -Intern Teacher Program, candidates must meet the requirements listed below.
- Attend an Information Meeting to learn about the program, determine eligibility.
- Hold a Bachelor degree (official transcripts are required). If you earned your Bachelor's Degree from a Foreign Institution, please refer to the CTC Foreign Transcript Evaluation leaflet to see what agencies are approved for transcript evaluation.
- Provide official transcripts from each institution attended (a transcript MUST show the bachelor’s degree conferred)
- Successfully pass a Basic Skills Requirement Test -for most people, this will be the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST). Please refer to this leaflet on options for meeting the Basic Skills Requirement.
- Provide receipt of your Certificate of Clearance from CTC (fingerprinting).
What are the Preservice Courses?
- CURR111 : Teachers as Learner
- CURR112 Understanding the Physiology of Learning
- CURR119 Access for All Students
- EL115 Preparing to Teach English Language Learners in Special Education
- SPED113 Creating a Learning Community in a Special Education Classroom
- SPED120 Preparing to Teach Reading/Language Arts to Students with Disabilities
- SPED122 Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment in Special Educatio
- TECH110 Technology in the Classroom
For course descriptions, please click here .
How much are the Preservice Courses ?
Tuition for Pre-Service is $1275. A non-refundable application fee of $50 and $200 enrollment fee is due with the Pre-Service application to be enrolled in the Pre-Service Program. The application fee and program tuition apply to the coursework for the cohort enrolled in only. If a candidate is unable to complete the Pre-Service program as scheduled, the candidate is still responsible for the full program tuition.
Candidates who are unable to complete the pre-service program as enrolled, and must re-enroll in future cohorts to complete courses will be admitted if in good financial standing (previous program tuition paid in full). The tuition for outstanding coursework will be $150 per course or the current program tuition, whichever is less.
Click here for FAQ's about our Intern Program