PRELIMINARY CAREER TECHNICAL EDUCATION (CTE) CREDENTIAL
CTE Preliminary Credential-Application Checklist
CTE Preliminary Credential Application Checklist
To be recommended for a preliminary credential by the Yolo-Solano CTC Induction Program, you must have accepted an employment offer corresponding to the credential requested.
To apply for a Preliminary CTE Credential, submit the following items in person to the Yolo-Solano Center for Teaching Credentials. A program leader will review the application during an initial advisement appointment. When the application packet is complete, Yolo-Solano CTC will submit it to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC). Do not mail the application directly to the CTC.
PLEASE INCLUDE THIS COMPLETED CHECKLIST WITH YOUR APPLICATION PACKET.
- 1. Application for Credential Authorizing Public School Service (CTC form 41-4).
- 2. $100.00 Money Order or Check payable to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing or CTC. If Yolo-Solano CTC Induction Program is not able to recommend you to CTC for the credential, this fee will be returned to you. If the California CTC is not able to recommend you for a credential, the fee is not returned.
- 3. Fingerprints – Required unless you already hold a credential or Certificate of Clearance from the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC). Submit a copy of the completed Request for Live Scan Service form (41-LS) after it has been completed by the Live Scan operator. (Fees for fingerprinting vary and are collected directly from the processing agency.)
- 4. Credential Authorization Selection Form (please see pages 5-9 of the CTC cl-888 leaflet for more detailed industry sector breakdowns)
- 5. Current Resume – Include education, advanced industry certifications, work history, volunteer work and references. Attach copies of Industry License(s) and certifications, i.e. State Contractor’s License, Business License, etc.
- 6. Official Transcripts – High School, AA, or BA (opened originals are fine). If an official transcript is not available, then an original High School diploma, G.E.D. diploma, or the foreign equivalent of a high school diploma is acceptable.
- 7. United States Constitution – Please Note: You DO NOT need to meet this requirement before the preliminary CTE credential is issued, only before the clear credential is issued. However, we will review the transcripts you submit with your application for coursework that meets this requirement. Some Political Science, U.S. government or History courses satisfy this requirement. If you do not have the coursework, you may take a challenge exam to meet this requirement.
- 8. Work Experience – Work experience requirements include: three years of work experience directly related to each industry sector to be named on the credential. One year equals a minimum of 1000 clock hours and the experience may be full-time or part-time, paid or unpaid. See Terms and Definitions on page 3 of cl-888 for additional information regarding the work experience requirement.
- 9. Verification of Teaching Employment Form – In order to recommend a candidate for a preliminary CTE credential, the Yolo-Solano CTC Induction Program requires that the candidate be employed or have the promise of employment in the area of the requested credential(s).
- 10. $350 Money Order or Check payable to Davis Joint Unified School District or pay here: CTE Preliminary Credential Fee if you are from a non-consortium partner. This is a program service fee.
Want to learn more about our programs? Subscribe to our newsletter.